Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Welcome to the Piecemaker's Quilt Guild of Western Iowa Blog

Welcome one and all! This is our new blog where we will be posting pictures from our guild meetings, news worthy items and anything else that might be of interest.  I will start off with our March meeting and some pictures of the awesome quilts that were shown by our members.  Here's Karen K.'s Midnight Garden BOM, her Basket Quilt BOM from Moda University..And her little touchy, feely with lots of textures and ribbons on it. All great projects. Karen told us that she has only one unfinished project and it's on her quilt frame!!! Wow, I just don't think it should be allowed so Karen, watch for some UFO's on your porch step for you to finish for me.
Ann S. brought her compass quilt called "Sunshine Rose Garden". She said it took her 2 years to complete. I gasped to myself and said, "Only 2 years?" It is stunning and really will become an heirloom.
It was paper pieced, hand appliqued and hand quilted. Congrats Ann, on completing this wonderful quilt.


Barb P. had this neat scrappy quilt. The edges on the patches are raw edges and will fray and fluff up when it is washed and dried. I really liked the concept of this one. She is adding buttons for embellishments. 
Denise P. took a class and used a lot of her scraps to make this String Pieced Spider Web quilt. What a great way to use those scraps! I bet we could all make a couple of these quilts too!


Jill C. brought these 2 quilts made from her Turning Twenty book. The pastel and the black and white one, they are both very attractive quilts and someone will be lucky to receive them for sure. The black and white is made with fabrics from Mark Lipinski collections

 Jill C. is the Queen of Mug Rugs and most of these belong to her. She has really been on a roll making these little Rugs but what nice little gifts to have on hand.  The red and white one belongs to me (Sandy) and I had just received it yesterday from Liliane, who live in Switzerland. I am in a Mug Rug exchange and I will send the one with the "blue cup" to my exchange person, who lives in Pennsylvania. I just love these little rugs!
This is Norma's wallhanging made with her leftover batik pieces. It really made up into an attractive piece. Good job, Norma.  I know that I didn't get pictures of everyone's show and tell last night. I really didn't know that I was going to do this today so maybe next time, I can do a better job of documenting your quilts for this blog. Let me know if you have enjoyed reading this and if you want me to continue adding to this.  If anyone has any messages, pictures, ideas or etc. I would love for you to send them to me and I will add them to our blog for everyone to read and enjoy. Until next time, Stitches

No comments:

Post a Comment